Apartment Maintenance Technician (EPA II/CPO)
Posted on: November 17, 2019
The Service Technician reports to the Property Manager under the
supervision of the Service Manager and performs general maintenance
and repair to ensure apartment units and other property facilities
are in good working order. Responsibilities include diagnosing,
troubleshooting, and repairing heating, ventilation and air
conditioning (HVAC) units; electrical appliances, outlets, and
light fixtures; plumbing, carpentry, and locks. The Service
Technician follows a planned preventative maintenance schedule and
follows up with residents after repairs are complete. Additional
responsibilities include, but are not limited to, assisting with
preparing vacant apartment units for rental and also landscape and
The successful candidate will embody and work to reinforce MAA's
Core Values. Those values include:
• Appreciating the uniqueness of each individual
• Communicating openly and with integrity
• Embracing opportunities
• Doing the right thing at the right time for the right reasons
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Receives requests for service maintenance, prioritizes work
orders and handles each in the most efficient manner.
• Examines and diagnoses problems with heating, ventilation and air
conditioning units for property facilities. Determines the best
method to repair or replace all or part of the unit. Makes repairs
and/or replacements according to standard. Performs preventative
maintenance on HVAC units by replacing filters, cleaning coils,
• Repairs and replaces furnished kitchen appliances such as
refrigerators, stoves, washers and dryers. May contact an outside
vendor to make more advanced or severe repairs or replacements.
• Performs minor to moderate-level plumbing repairs, replacements,
and/or installations including repairing leaks and removing clogs
in sinks and toilets.
• Performs minor electrical repairs and replacement of light
fixtures and related items.
• Repairs locks and other miscellaneous items.
• May perform painting projects ranging from full interior painting
of property units to minor touch up and repair of walls and
• May perform "make ready" projects for the preparation of vacant
units available for prospective tenants.
• Cleans carpets as assigned.
• May perform swimming pool maintenance or other facility and/or
landscape projects to ensure property aesthetics meet or exceed
• Adheres to MAA safety and hazard communications programs,
policies and procedures and maintains a safe work environment.
• Works irregular hours (evenings, weekends), including on-call and
overtime hours, as required by the MAA 24-hour routine maintenance
• Operates a motor vehicle to transport tools and materials between
• Attends and participates in technical training programs to
maintain and enhance knowledge and skills.
• Performs other related duties as assigned to meet the needs of
• High school diploma/GED and one to three years of experience in
facility maintenance and/or mechanical repair required
• HVAC experience required
• EPA Type II or Universal and/or Pool Certification required at
hire or within 90 days of assuming the position. CAMT is required
in Florida only
• Valid driver's license from the state of residence required
• Associate's degree in a related technical or mechanical field
• Commercial maintenance experience with plumbing, electrical, and
janitorial strongly preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Thorough knowledge of heating and air conditioning unit
maintenance, trouble shooting, and repair
• General knowledge of the repair and maintenance of appliances,
lighting fixtures, and plumbing
• Knowledge of occupational health and safety regulations and
• Knowledge and skills to operate common and specialized tools for
repairs and maintenance
• Ability to visually inspect units, grounds, and other aspects of
the property to determine adherence to standards
• Skill and ability to clearly and concisely communicate verbally
and in writing with professionalism when interacting with tenants
and property management
• Knowledge and skills to organize, prioritize, and meet
• Customer service and problem-solving skills
• Ability to read, interpret and apply written instructions for
repair and maintenance of equipment
• Attention to details
• Basic computer/technical skills to operate mobile computing or
Physical and Environmental Requirements
• The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required
to sit, stand, bend, walk use hands and fingers to control objects,
reach with hands and arms, climb stairs and ladders, balance,
stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk, and hear. The associate must be
able to lift 50 pounds individually and up to 100 pounds with
assistance devices (dollies, hand trucks, additional persons).
• Must be able to see and read to complete forms, read reports, and
visually determine the correct working order of physical aspect of
units and other property facilities. Frequently needs to see small
• While performing the duties of this job the associate primarily
works in an outdoor environment exposed to adverse weather
conditions as well as dirt and/or dust.
Visit www.maac.com to apply online.
Drug Free Workplace
Keywords: MAA, Sun City , Apartment Maintenance Technician (EPA II/CPO), Professions , Scottsdale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!