SERVER - Coco's of Sun City
Company: Coco's Restaurant Bakery
Location: Sun City
Posted on: June 17, 2022
Reports To: Manager or Supervisor on Duty
Position Summary: A server contributes to the success of Coco's and
Carrows by executing a memorable dining experience; beginning with
a warm welcome, then guiding the guest through ordering and
enjoying their meal and ending with a desire to return, to sit in
their section. In addition, a server maintains the work area in a
clean and orderly manner throughout their shift.
Essential Functions: To perform the job successfully, an individual
must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The
duties and responsibilities listed below are those that must be met
to successfully perform this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform an
essential function.Team member must be certified in all 5 Star
levels preceding and including the Server position.
- Provide a high level of guest service ensuring that each guest
that dines in your sections has a positive and memorable
- Make an effort to recognize regular guests and provide personal
service based on the guest's need.
- Warmly acknowledge and greets guests as they arrive at the
restaurant, escort and seat guests at an appropriate table.
- Maintain full menu knowledge to answer guests' questions and
suggest appropriate food, pies and beverages. Suggestively Sell a
- Take guests' orders and accurately input them into the
restaurant order system.
- Prepare and serve soups, salads, beverages and desserts using
the correct timing, service techniques and portions.
- Inspect orders prior to delivery to ensure quality, accuracy
and add proper garnishes, such as dressing, bread and sauces.
- Maintain the guest dining experience by checking back,
refilling beverages, pre-bussing plates and offering dessert.
- Present an accurate guest check and sincerely thank the guest
for dining at Coco's and Carrows and offer an invitation to provide
- Clean and reset tables.
- Assist with cashing out restaurant guests.
- Assist with the input, preparation and assembly of takeout
- Assist with the preparation and packaging of pies.
- Maintain a professional appearance, including proper hygiene
and report to work as scheduled, in uniform and ready to take over
- Demonstrate a positive and professional relationship with
coworkers and the management team, graciously offer and accept help
- Handle guest complaints in a professional manner and notify
management of any guest complaint.
- Keep your station neat and organized, complete side work during
- Protect restaurant guests by adhering to sanitation, safety and
alcohol beverage control policies
- Perform additional responsibilities, although not detailed, as
requested by the manager at any time.Shift Lead Duties: for those
individuals designated as "Shift Lead" personnel, the following
duties also apply:
- Cover for assistant managers while they are on a meal
- Set up shift using the FOH and BOH logs, make station
assignment and print prep sheets.
- Supervise food production and guest service according to
- Handle guest complaints on shift and make the General Manager
aware of any concerns.
- Check team member side-work and deep cleaning assignments.
- Oversee training that is scheduled on your shift.
- Understand Coco's and Carrows' application process and provide
information to candidates who inquired about applying.
- Report team member performance issues to your General
- Ensure that company policies as stated in Shari's handbook are
upheld and incidents are properly reported on your shift.
- Properly complete shift and daily accounting responsibilities.
Follow Shari's Security and Banking Procedures and Shari's Cash
- Other duties as assigned by your General Manager.PERSONAL
- Commitment to quality guest service, and food and beverage
- Be personable, self-confident and generally likable. Be
optimistic and enthusiastic about what you do.
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under verifying degrees
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness and the ability to
memorize and recall order codes, portions and plating
- Meet productivity standards and complete work using time
- Language Ability - Ability to read, write, speak and understand
English well. Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Math Ability - Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers
and count back appropriate change. Ability to perform these
operations using units of United States money and weight
measurement, and volume.
- Reasoning Ability - Ability to apply common sense understanding
to carry out instructions furnished in written, or oral, form.
Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in
- Communication - Speak clearly and persuasively in both positive
and negative situations. Speak effectively with guests, coworkers
and management. Approach others in a tactful manner.
- Permits Obtain and maintain required food handler and alcohol
service permits. WORK ENVIRONMENT
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is
occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts. The
noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS While performing the duties of this position the
team member is required to stand for 10 consecutive minutes at a
time for 2-4 hours. Team member will walk for 5 consecutive minutes
at a time for 2-6 hours. Team member will be able to sit
approximately every 2 hours. Team member will continuously be
performing hand and wrist work including grasping. Team member will
frequently bend and twist. Team member will occasionally push and
pull, do fine hand manipulation, reach above the shoulder and kneel
or squat. The position seldom requires climb/stairs. Team member
will continuously lift or carry 0-10 pounds; frequently lift or
carry 11-15 pounds and rarely lift 16-20 pounds.
Keywords: Coco's Restaurant Bakery, Sun City , SERVER - Coco's of Sun City, Other , Sun City, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!