Medical Assistant-Back Office, Bilingual Spanish a
Location: Sun City
Posted on: June 15, 2022
Job DescriptionArizona Kidney Disease and Hypertension Centers
(AKDHC) is one of the nation's largest groups of physicians
specializing in the care of patients with renal disease. Since
1976, we have enjoyed the trust of patients and the respect of the
community throughout the Phoenix Metropolitan area and across
Arizona. We are a professional medical association consisting of
physicians and other vital support staff. We are seeking Medical
Assistants to join our team. To learn more about us, please visit
our website: www.akdhc.com. Medical Assistant-Back Office,
Bilingual Spanish and English Preferred - Sun City Office -
AKDHCUnder the direction of the Office Coordinator, the Medical
Assistant-Back Office, Bilingual Spanish and English Preferred will
be responsible for performing general medical assistant functions
in support of the care and treatment of patients while providing
assistance to all office personnel as needed.
- Perform patient care activities, such as back-office check-in,
check-out, prescription refills, anemia, and iron management,
administer injections, schedule procedures and provide patient
- Schedule and process 24-hour blood pressure monitoring.
- Interview patients, measure vital signs, such as pulse rate,
temperature, blood pressure, weight, height; and update medication
list; record information in patients' charts/EMR to include urine
tests per Clinitek.
- Notify physician of changes in patient's clinical status and/or
abnormal test results.
- Draw patient's blood, collect urine samples, and process
specimens for courier transport.
- Monitor and optimize allotted time slots in all schedules
utilizing the available programs/reports.
- Complete clerical tasks including but not limited to
distributing mail and reports, filing, scanning, scheduling, data
input, answering phones, and general support to all office
- Adhere to company policies and procedures and prioritize and
complete day-to-day activities.
- Maintain office equipment, office, and medical supplies through
efficient inventory management.
- Process Hospital Disposition Reports.
- Process Recall Reports and mail recall and no-show letters to
patients; follow up with patients and/or primary care physicians as
- Monitor dictation process by maintaining accurate dictation
logs, ensuring physician review and signature, mailing reports, and
scanning dictation into patient files.
- Process medical record requests for patients, referring
physician offices, and attorneys by adhering to HIPAA regulations
to ensure HPI.
- Assist in the annual purging process of patient charts.
- May be required to report to alternate AKDHC worksites, as
- Current certification as a Medical Assistant or a diploma or
certificate of completion of a Medical Assistant course of training
from an accredited training organization
- Fluent speaking, writing, and reading skills in Spanish and
- Excellent customer service and communication skills for
interfacing with patients, staff, and outside vendors
- 1-2 years of front/back office experience preferred
- Ability to support a pleasant, positive, and cooperative
- The successful candidate must be able to use a stethoscope,
computer, scanner, printer, telephone, fax, and copier.
- Ability to multi-task and lift and/or move 50 pounds essential.
Benefits:We value our employees' time and efforts. Our commitment
to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation and
extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental
and vision benefits, and future growth opportunities within the
company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment
for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the
company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment
where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes,
decisions, planning, and culture.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected
veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Insperity, Sun City , Medical Assistant-Back Office, Bilingual Spanish a, Other , Sun City, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!