AML/BSA Business Risk and Controls Advisor Lead (Experienced)
Location: Sun City
Posted on: May 6, 2022
Purpose of JobThis is a Hybrid position if located in a
commutable distance to one of our offices located in San Antonio
TX, Plano TX, Phoenix AZ, Colorado Springs CO, Tampa Crosstown FL,
Tampa Campus FL, Charlotte NC, or Remote Opportunity. Promotes
Risk-awareness and the overall effectiveness of Risk and compliance
management programs, Risk analytics and operations in the business.
This role will partner and collaborate with Compliance and Risk
Management, as well as Business Operations, IT, Audit Services, and
Regulators to support Risk and compliance-based initiatives.
Responsible for supporting business leader adherence to the
established Risk framework and ongoing supervision of business
controls; including, Risk and control self-assessments,
identification and evaluation of control effectiveness, identifying
control failures, facilitating Risk and compliance remediation,
internal and external audits and regulatory exams, and monitoring
of the first line of defense to minimize Risk exposures and
strengthen the overall control environment. Manages Risk assessment
data and identifies key data-driven insights tied to first line of
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging Risks that stem
from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures Risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
Follows written Risk and compliance policies and procedures for
- Directs and oversees multiple initiatives in support of Risk
and/or regulatory compliance related initiatives including but not
limited to oversight of procedures/process, accurate regulatory
reporting and filing, document governance, Risk control
self-assessments, procedure governance, control design, new product
controls, CoSA Third Party Governance, or quality governance.
- Applies a holistic understanding of Risk and regulatory
compliance to includes business strategies and solutions.
- Responsible for first line of defense data analysis, report
preparation and trend analysis, utilizing business intelligence
- Designs solutions for unanswered business questions and
anticipates future business needs.
- Directs, organizes and oversees action plans designed to
enhance governance practices in alignment with Risk and compliance
- Influences and develops innovative solutions to mitigate Risk
and prevent Risk exposures which result in significant business
- Manages the most complex projects involving cross-functional
areas within the first line of defense.
- Defines and outlines new approaches to problem resolution and
leads project team from concept through implementation.
- Advises senior management on the status of their control
environment related to Risk identification and control
- Identifies critical areas to monitor and escalates issues and
findings to appropriate stakeholders.
- Serves as a primary resource to cross functional team members
and advises on Risk mitigation opportunities.
- Stays informed of changes to the regulatory environment to
ensure proper compliance with processes and requirements are
followed.Minimum Experience Required:
- Bachelor's Degree OR 4 additional years of related experience
beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a
- 8 years of experience supporting Risk and/or compliance related
activities in a financial services operating environment or other
- Or 8 years of experience in a relevant quantitative
- Or advanced degree or designation in a Risk management or
quantitative discipline, and 6 years of experience supporting Risk
and/or compliance related activities.
- Or PhD in a Risk management or quantitative discipline, and 4
years of experience supporting Risk and/or compliance related
- Knowledge of federal laws, rules, regulations, and applicable
guidance to include- OCC Heightened Standards, BSA/AML, REG E,
UDAAP/UDAP, TILA/REG Z, SCRA, FCRA, MLAWhen you apply for this
position, you will be required to answer some initial questions.
This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the
questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and
you will not be able to change your responses.Preferred Experience:
- BSA/ AML Risk and Control background
- CAMS certified
- Financial Product KnowledgeThe above description reflects the
details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of
the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of
all the work requirements that may be performed in the
job.Compensation:USAA has an effective process for assessing market
data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You
are paid within the salary range based on your experience and
market position. The salary range for this position is: $106,800-
$192,300*(this does not include geographic differential it may be
applied based on your work location). Employees may be eligible for
pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual
performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of
Directors.*Geographical Differential:Geographic pay differential is
additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations
where market pay levels are above the national average.Shift
premium: will be addressed on an individual basis for applicable
roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core
hours.Benefits:At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits
to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These
benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans,
401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption
assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid
volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our
career path planning and continuing education assists employees
with their professional goals.Please click on the link below for
more details.USAA Total
assistance is NOT Available for this position.
Keywords: USAA, Sun City , AML/BSA Business Risk and Controls Advisor Lead (Experienced), Other , Sun City, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!