District Operations Manager - Hiring Immediately
Company: AmeriGas Propane, Inc.
Location: Camp Verde
Posted on: October 14, 2021
When you work for AmeriGas, you become a part of something BIG!
Founded in 1959, AmeriGas is the nation’s premiere propane company,
serving over 1.5 million residential, commercial, industrial and
motor fuel propane customers. Together, over 6,500 dedicated
professionals will deliver over 1 billion gallons of propane from
1,800+ distribution points across the United States.
Job Summary (Purpose):
The Operations Manager has the operational responsibility for their
assigned district location(s). Under the direction of the
Area Manager, this position will manage operations of the
district(s) with accountability for employee safety, customer
experience, operational efficiencies and operating expenses.
- Ability to function independently in a supervisory role in the
absence of the manager
- Is committed to world class safety and customer service
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Safety Management
- Is responsible for all aspects of safety within the assigned
district location, including compliance with safety codes and
- Articulates a safety vision for his or her team; considers the
impact on safety when making decisions
- Trains employees and monitors compliance safety policies and
procedures; accident avoidance and safety driving; consistently
reinforces safety messages
- Customer Experience
- Makes customers a high priority; is committed to exceeding the
needs of all customers
- Proactively identifies problems that negatively impact the
- Celebrates excellent customer service and recognizes
individuals who provide exceptional service to customers
- Partners with the Customer Experience Services team to resolve
customer issues timely as needed
- Conduct priority customer visits to enhance relationships and
conduct customer calls/visits to address issues.
- Operational Efficiency
- Responsible for completing the weekly productivity and service
planners and coordinating efforts with the Service and Delivery
Coordinators through a weekly call; drives employee
productivity and meets or exceeds performance metrics for delivery
- Works closely with Service Coordinator and Delivery Coordinator
to ensure delivery and service orders are completed as planned
- Ensures procedures are followed to complete daily work
- Reviews district performance reports and dashboards
- Responsible for timely permit management
- Team Management
- Plans, directs and manages staffing and development of
employees by effectively communicating company strategic goals;
conducting effective and timely performance
appraisals; ensures all required training for employees is
- Consistently communicates and updates critical performance
areas for the District and the Area to staff
- Monitors employee productivity through use of the Field
Utilization & Efficiency reporting and other tools
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively with code enforcement
officials, regulatory personnel and permitting jurisdictions.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret reporting documents
relating to District performance, safety and technical procedures,
and governmental regulations.
Education and Experience Required:
- High school diploma required, college degree strongly
- Five or more years’ experience in a management role. Experience
in the propane industry is a plus.
- Computer skills and Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly exposed to hazardous or caustic chemicals and outside
AmeriGas is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
Employer. The Company does not discriminate on the basis of
race, color, sex, national origin, disability, age, gender
identity, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally
protected class in its practices.
AmeriGas is a Drug Free Workplace. Candidates must be willing to
submit to a pre-employment drug screen and a criminal background
check. Successful applicants shall be required to pass a
pre-employment drug screen as a condition of employment, and if
hired, shall be subject to substance abuse testing in accordance
with AmeriGas policies. As a federal contractor that engages in
safety-sensitive work, AmeriGas cannot permit employees in certain
positions to use medical marijuana, even if prescribed by an
authorized physician. Similarly, applicants for such
positions who are actively using medical marijuana may be denied
hire on that basis.
Keywords: AmeriGas Propane, Inc., Sun City , District Operations Manager - Hiring Immediately, Other , Camp Verde, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!