Purpose of Job
We are currently seeking a talented Compliance Risk Manager
Senior (Privacy) for one of the following locations: Plano Legacy,
Phoenix Campus, Tampa Crosstown or San Antonio Home Office I or
100% Remote Work Environment.
Provides second-line independent oversight and guidance
regarding business products, services, and processes through a
compliance framework to ensure they are executed in accordance with
regulatory requirements. In partnership with the business and key
stakeholders, continuously drives a strong culture of compliance
and demonstrates integrity and professional judgment in protecting
the interests of USAA and its members.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial
security of millions of U.S. military members and their families.
This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking
at every level.
In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100
Best Companies to Work For, and we've ranked among Victory Media's
Top 10 Military Friendly Employers for 13 years straight. We
embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and
veteran spouses to apply.
See what it's like to work for a company where your passion
meets our purpose:
USAA Careers (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-PQsu63rzM)
USAA Careers - Award Winning Workplace
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcGKT_Nxdgc) (17 seconds)
USAA Careers World Class Benefits
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APwPQizcENY) (31 seconds)
* Provides guidance to the business to ensure documents,
projects, processes or product initiatives comply with regulatory
and legal requirements and enterprise policy.
* Synthesizes analyses, identifies root cause(s) of potential
compliance risk, provides recommendations that influence business
solutions and validates resolution
* Responsible for project management by leading and influencing
cross functional enterprise or compliance teams.
* Reviews implementation planning for new laws and regulations
and ensures appropriate parties have been engaged.
* Conveys information and position clearly, concisely, logically
and in an organized manner.
* Executes compliance risk management activities in accordance
with enterprise compliance standards.
* Serves as a resource to team members on escalated issues.
* Bachelor's degree required OR 4 additional years of related
experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu
of a degree
* 6 or more years relevant work experience in compliance, risk,
or audit function.
* Demonstrated experience working in a highly regulated
* Advanced knowledge in a specific area of compliance laws,
regulations and regulatory expectations
* Demonstrated ability to apply advanced knowledge of regulatory
compliance to consult and provide insight and guidance.
* Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office tools to include Word,
Excel and PowerPoint.
* Advanced knowledge of Generally Accepted Privacy
* Privacy Compliance experience at a large financial
* Knowledge of NIST Privacy Framework
* Privacy certification from IAPP (CIPP, CIPM, CDPSE, etc.)
* Information Security/ Cyber Security Experience with Privacy
The above description reflects the details considered necessary
to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be
construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements
that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in
the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress
environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along
with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our
career path planning and continuing education will assist you with
your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.