Evening Shift Immersive Simulation Technician - Nursing
Company: Grand Canyon Education, Inc.
Location: Sun City
Posted on: June 26, 2022
Grand Canyon University! One of Arizona's leading institutions
of higher learning.
GCU's College of Nursing and Health Care Professions , is seeking
an Immersive Simulation Technician to teach the nurses of
Please Note: This opportunity is located in Sun City, AZ.
What you will do:
* Provide support for operations to ensure all equipment is running
properly and efficiently
* Assist with training faculty in the use of simulation
* Serves as a resource for faculty utilizing simulation
* Work in collaboration with the Director of Nursing Services to
maintain inventory of supplies and equipment as needed for
* Provide technical operational support for all systems and
equipment related to immersive simulation
* Manage clinical simulation educational activity related supplies
* Supports/assists in props placement and moulage set-up to create
a virtual healthcare setting
* Performs general cleaning in the lab with the collection and
disposal of waste materials according to regulations
* Assist with development of scenarios utilized for simulation
* Provide a positive example to students by supporting the
University's Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and
Mission of Grand Canyon University
What you need:
* Recent, relevant, working knowledge of clinical experience in the
clinical healthcare environment
* Highly effective communication skills and a good command of the
* Highly knowledgeable of processes and procedures as related to
* Planning and organizational skills with attention to detail, high
level of accuracy, and coordination of multiple activities
* Excellent time management and the ability to adapt to changing
priorities and rapidly changing user needs and schedules.
* Function independently in designated area(s), role, and required
activities while remaining a contributing member of the team
providing integrated services to users
* Proficient with computer hardware and software including MS
Office Suite, integrated AV/IT data collection software, task
trainers, human patient simulators, and patient care equipment
* Stays abreast of current trends, technology, state and/or federal
requirements, and GCU policies and procedures
* Must have granted diploma or certification relative to background
experience (e.g., medical assistant diploma)
* Two years related experience in clinical healthcare setting.
* Must be able to work occasional weekends as needed.
* Must be able to work evening shifts from 1:30pm-10:00pm
* Demonstrated knowledge of medical terminology, physiology,
pharmacology, and equipment.
* Two or more years of patient care experience as a, but not
limited to, Paramedic, Medical Assistant/Patient Care
Technician/Certified Nursing Assistant, Emergency Medical
Technician, Respiratory Therapist, Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN),
Registered Nurse (RN), Simulation Technician, or any other licensed
health care provider preferred.
* Unencumbered LPN or RN Licensure for the State of Arizona
* Demonstrated experience working with typical medical equipment
and computer based instructional equipment found in simulation
labs, networking software systems, and audio/visual peripherals
(laptops, projectors, microphone systems, mobile phone, video
cameras, monitors, and screens) preferred.
Why work at GCU:
* Exceptional workplace benefits include medical, dental, vision,
life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401K
* We also offer full-time employees an Education Tuition Discount
Program of up to 100% of tuition costs
* Generous holiday and paid time off package - we aren't kidding,
#nursing #faculty #technology #simulation #software #GCU #nurse
Keywords: Grand Canyon Education, Inc., Sun City , Evening Shift Immersive Simulation Technician - Nursing, Healthcare , Sun City, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!